Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Regional Journalist, Dunedin
Te Tūranga – The opportunity
An opportunity to work with New Zealand’s award-winning public broadcaster. RNZ aims to strengthen Aotearoa and the Pacific through informative, challenging and entertaining content.
Te Mahi – About the job
RNZ has an opportunity for a journalist who is committed to good quality, impartial journalism and has the drive to get their work onto our news programmes and digital channels every day.
You will break news, and regularly contribute ideas, as well as report live on air and online about breaking news and running stories.
We'd love to hear from skilled journalists who are looking to develop their craft further.
Ōu Pūkenga - About You
- have daily news experience and be brimming with story ideas
- be calm and efficient under pressure, bringing accuracy, attention to detail and creativity to your work
- feel comfortable filing audio, visuals, and copy for our platforms
- A strong, broadcast quality voice is also essential.
Ngā Hua: What we offer
- A welcoming and inclusive team & organisation
- Development and regular training opportunities for our people
- Competitive salary
- Will match an employee’s KiwiSaver contribution up to 4%
- Additional leave provisions for some roles and the option to buy extra leave
- Comprehensive parental leave, over and above standard legislation
- Company discounts and benefits including discounted Southern Cross health insurance, car rental services and free flu shots
- RNZ supports work/life balance for our people including working from home initiatives where possible
- Comprehensive wellbeing support including access to a confidential support, guidance, and counselling service.
Te Ahurea – Our Culture
We are committed to fostering an inclusive and constructive culture. This means creating a place where our people feel like they belong and can do their best work. We do this through our attitudes; Be Bold, Better Every Day and Extend Manaakitanga.
This is a full-time role based in Dunedin.
Please note: A complete application includes your covering letter and a CV.
Applications close: 01st March 2024
RNZ is committed to the principles and practices of Equal Employment Opportunity and welcomes applicants reflecting New Zealand’s cultural and ethnic diversity.